NFL week 11 roundup – Multiple upsets, former running back Zac Stacey arrested

by Seth Udinski

Seth Udinski, FISM News


Several big upsets dominated the landscape of the NFL over the weekend, while some disturbing off-the-field footage involving a former running back was released.

In the early window of Sunday’s action, the Minnesota Vikings shocked their division rivals, the Green Bay Packers (8-3), to improve to 5-5 and currently jump into the last playoff spot in the NFC. Quarterback Kirk Cousins led the way with three touchdowns and 341 yards passing. The Vikings jumped out to an early lead, but the Green Bay rallied behind Aaron Rodgers to tie the game late. With the game tied at 31 late in the 4th quarter, Vikings kicker Greg Joseph banged through a game-winning 29-yard field goal as time expired for the win.

Meanwhile, the Indianapolis Colts roared back into the thick of the AFC playoffs with a statement win over Buffalo Bills. Running back Jonathan Taylor had a record game, scoring five total touchdowns and leading the Colts (6-5) to a dominant 41-15 victory over the Bills (6-4). One of Taylor’s touchdowns came after he caught an under-thrown pass from quarterback Carson Wentz and brilliantly avoided several defenders to find the end zone.

In other NFL action, the Philadelphia Eagles (5-6) stayed alive in the NFC playoff Hunt with a vital 40-29 home win over the New Orleans Saints (5-5), and the lowly Houston Texans (2-8) shocked the top-seed Tennessee Titans (8-3) 22-13 in Nashville.

In some disturbing NFL news that broke over the weekend, video footage was released involving former NFL running Zac Stacey violently beating a woman who sources say was his girlfriend and mother of his young child. For various reasons involving the graphic content of the video, it has not been included in this article.

The video shows Stacey punching and hitting the woman repeatedly, and then throwing her into a television stand in a room with their infant child. According to the victim, this horrific behavior had been ongoing for several months.

The 30-year-old Stacey was arrested at an airport on Saturday and could face up to 15 years in prison if found guilty.