Pro-life advocate Mark Houck to sue FBI for unlawful arrest, raid on home

by Jacob Fuller

Katie Kerekes, FISM News

Mark Houck, a Bucks County pro-life activist whose home was raided by the FBI on what was determined to be unwarranted charges, says he will sue the FBI for their abuse of power in his arrest, detainment, and indictment which could have potentially sent him to prison for over a decade.

As previously reported by FISM, Houck, 48, was arrested on accusations of violating the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances (FACE) Act during a conflict he had with pro-abortion activist Bruce Love outside of a Philadelphia-area Planned Parenthood. Houck says he frequents the center with his son to pray for and counsel women who are considering ending their pregnancies, in hopes of directing them to the pregnancy resource center just around the block.

As reported by Life News, Houck appeared with his attorney Matt Britton on the 40 Days for Life podcast with Shawn Carney to discuss the details surrounding his trial and the situations purported by the Department of Justice (DOJ) to be grounds for his indictment.

According to Houck, the FBI swarmed his home prior to sunrise on September 23, 2022, while his wife and seven children were still asleep.

“I open the door and I see [about] 15 marked and unmarked units,” Houck explains of the raid, “and, they’re surrounding my house with their vehicles. I see five what I know is agents, with M-16s pointed at me on the porch, and then there’s all these PA state troopers behind their doors of their vehicles with pistols and guns pointed at me.”

Upon being asked for a warrant by Houck’s wife, Ryan-Marie, the agents informed her they will take her husband “with or without a warrant,” after pointing a gun inside the threshold of his home and sweeping the barrel around while the children, who had awoken, were now standing on the staircase.

Houck says they took him into custody shortly before 7 a.m., at which point he was handcuffed and chained to a table for over six hours at the federal building in downtown Philadelphia, an approach which General Counsel Britton says is typical of handling terrorists, or “dangerous, recidivist criminals.”

Despite the circumstances, Houck says he had “peace” in his heart.

“There was a leap of faith there, trusting that God would take care of my family. When I was chained to the table I didn’t question ‘why,’ but I just kinda said ‘why not,’… if we’re gonna follow Christ, you know, we’re gonna expect to be persecuted,” he said.

“I was right at Mount Calvary, the whole time … I prayed without ceasing, Shawn,” Houch continued. “I truly felt blessed … when I was chained to that table, I felt that my will and God’s will was completely united, and so I had great peace — my heart was flooding with joy.”

Mark’s attorney and general counsel for 40 Days for Life Matt Britton pointed out in the conclusion of the interview that the DOJ abused its power in a theatrical arrest, which ate up taxpayer dollars, all while Mark had the intention of turning himself in.

When asked if he plans “to do something about” how he was treated, Mark responded:

Well, 100% … justice requires such, the virtue of justice, giving to others what they’re due, and God first. In this case, the pro-life movement is due justice, and we need to pursue justice for the good of the movement, for the good of other dads and moms and people out there who could be victims in this way, so, I will pursue, with your help and anyone else’s help, all that we can pursue to bring whoever needs to be held accountable … we need to be prayerful.

Houck says there will be a testimony before Congress this month and continues to encourage believers to put on the whole armor of God, and trust in His providence.