Renata Kiss, FISM News
Monday, in a shockingly disturbing turn of events, the Biden administration ordered the destruction of five aborted babies who were possibly victims of infanticide.
LifeNews wrote that the five fully-formed infants were first found by pro-life advocates in 2021, alongside 115 other first-trimester aborted babies. The bodies were obtained from a truck driver who was collecting medical waste boxes from a late-term abortion facility in Washington, D.C.
The DOJ recently set out to destroy the bodies, which would erase potential evidence that the facility violated the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act and the Born Alive Infant Protection Act. The bodies were scheduled to be destroyed on Feb. 9, 2024.
Progressive Anti-Abortion Uprising (PAAU), the group that had brought these possibly illegal abortions to light, called the DOJ’s lack of care another “coordinated effort to protect Big Abortion.”
The abortion facility responsible for these atrocities was the Washington-Surgi Clinic, which performs abortions up to 27 weeks, although evidence suggests some abortions occur later than that. The facility is run by millionaire abortionist Dr. Cesare Santangelo.
“We suspected that Biden’s DOJ would attempt to sweep this evidence under the rug,” Caroline Taylor Smith, Executive Director of PAAU, told LifeNews. “This is yet another step in the coordinated effort to protect Big Abortion and Caesare Santangelo’s horrific crimes. These children cry out for justice and we won’t stop fighting for them.”
Despite multiple calls from pro-life activists and Congressional leaders last year, the Department of Justice has not investigated the abortions and officials also refused to do autopsies on the babies. Pictures of some of the infants suggest that they were born alive and left to die.
According to The Daily Wire, Santangelo has been accused of medical malpractice in the past, including allegations that he uses gruesome abortion methods that can even endanger the life of the mother.
In an earlier undercover Live Action video, Santangelo explained how he aborts late-term babies.
“I cut the umbilical cord first, wait for the baby to expire, and then we do it that way,” he said.
When he was asked if babies ever survive the procedure, Santangelo said he did not encounter that at his practice, but he added that babies at 24 weeks would shortly pass after birth on their own. He said survival would depend on “how vigorously you do things to help a fetus survive at this point.”
However, after further probing, the abortionist admitted that he would not let the baby survive past birth, despite legal obligation.
“Obviously, you’re here for a certain procedure,” said Santangelo, “and if your pregnancy were — let’s say you went into labor, the membranes ruptured, and you delivered before we got to the termination of the procedure here, then we would do things, we would not help it.”
Santangelo expressed disdain toward hospitals that perform life-saving interventions should a mother change her mind during an abortion procedure. He said it was “the stupidest thing they could have done … and they did everything they [inaudible] have done, which was help them to deliver.”
Members of the PAAU told The Daily Wire that they believe Santangelo has a history of “sloppy” and “cheap” abortions, and that he has faced wrongful death lawsuits in the past.
Thomas More Society Senior Counsel Martin Cannon wrote a letter to Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) urging him to halt the destruction of these potentially illegal abortions performed at Santangelo’s practice.
“It is INCONCEIVABLE that viable children are not being born alive at the Santangelo clinic and simply left to die,” Cannon wrote.